- 3 or 4 medium beetroot, peeled and chopped into a small dice.
- 1 clove garlic, chopped roughly
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 500ml beef or veg stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 125g feta cheese
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and garlic. Sweat gently for about 5 mins.
- Add the chopped beetroot and stock to the pan, bring to the boil.
- Simmer for about 15mins or until the beetroot is tender.
- Using a hand blender or liquidizer process until smooth.
- Season to taste and serve with the Feta crumbled over.