A really tasty warm salad from ‘Vegetables’ by Sophie Grigson.
- 1/4 Crown Prince squash
- 3cm piece root ginger, grated
- A few bay leaves
- Olive oil
- 250g cherry tomatoes, or a large tomato, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- some streaky bacon
- 2tbs white wine/cider vinegar
- Slice the squash into 3cm thick slices. You can peel the squash if you like, but the skin is edible when cooked.
- Place in a roasting tin with the ginger, bay leaves and coat with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast at 220C for 20 minutes.
- Take the squash out of the oven, turn it, add the garlic then lay the bacon over the top.
- Add the tomatoes, return to the oven and cook for a further 20 mins or so.
- Serve the salad with some rocket.
- De-glaze the roasting tin with the vinegar or a splash of white wine, and pour this dressing over the salad.