A tasty currry from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s Three Good Things.
- 1/4 Crown Prince squash
- 2tbs oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 or more sliced red chillies
- 1 tbs or more curry powder/paste
- Tin of coconut milk
- Lemon or lime juice
- Peel and deseed the squash, then cut into chunks
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook gently for about 10 mins
- Add the garlic and chillies and cook for a couple more minutes
- Add the curry paste or powder and cook for 2 minutes more
- Add the squash, season and stir well. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk, bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes or so until the squash is tender.
- Season to taste and finish with a squeeze of lemon/lime juice.